Just a long overdue update and slew of photos from the last couple weeks!
1. Lucy enjoyed her first taste of King’s Cake on Fat Tuesday (don’t laugh at it, it was a homemade gluten-free version, and it’s just complicated stuff to bake …)
She was also smeared with her very first ashes the next day, and it was so cute to see on her chubby face. However, she rubbed them off before I could document them.
2. Lucy turned 11 months at the beginning of the week, and she is certainly changing every day. In the last two weeks, we’ve noticed how much she can really understand and respond to us. She is often able to point to the person when we ask where they are, although she has never been able to point to me when asked, “Where’s Mama?” Evidently, we are still one and the same. She will crawl to and grab specific toys when asked, and is definitely starting to understand the meaning of “no.”She’s not too happy about that one!
4. Lucy is starting to show more maternal instincts. I’m hoping that’s a good sign for the little one to come in less than four months! She has started actually playing with her baby doll, and even hugging/putting her face against its face. We didn’t teach her this at all… and it’s absolutely endearing! (Though I will have to teach her that her baby sibling’s pacifier is NOT magnetic like Baby Stella’s, and she can’t just pop it on and off at will…)
5. Wednesday was a windy, but mild and pretty day here. We went to a local farm/park and met up with Alicia, Nathaniel, and Jonah, and another family with little friends!
6. Family Time:
7. Happy one-day-late birthdays to both of our big brothers! Uncle Dan and Uncle Chris share a birthday on March 13th. It’s great to only remember one birthday for our eldest brothers. 🙂
A Seven Quick Takes Post with Conversion Diary.