I’m kind of excited to have a list already laid out for myself so that when I finish one book I won’t go for days and weeks wondering, “Ugh, what can I read next?!” as I typically do. Now it’s all here and hopefully, I can get it all done!
- The Rule of St. Benedict by St. Benedict of Norcia
- Giants in the Earth by Ole Rolvaag
- Helena by Evelyn Waugh (reread)
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley (reread)
- The Brothers Karamazov by Dostoevsky
(Mostly lighter stuff that I can read while nursing, and some I may listen to on Librivox).
- The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery (one of the few of hers I haven’t read)
- Lark Rise to Candleford by Flora Thompson
- The Song of the Lark by Willa Cather
- Mrs. Mike (reread)by Nancy and Benedict Freeman
Fiction Read-Alouds with Tom:
- Wise Blood by Flannery O’Connor
- The End of the Affair by Graham Greene (reread for me)
- The Power and the Glory by Graham Greene (reread for me)
As you can tell, I really love Greene and am super excited to reread these with Tom (who hasn’t read them yet).
- The Reed of God by Caryll Houselander
- I Believe in Love (reread) by Jean C. d’Elbée– maybe my favorite spiritual reading of all time!! I can’t recommend it highly enough!
- The Secret of the Rosary by St. Louis Marie de Montfort
- Catherine of Siena (continue) by Sigrid Undset
- The Temperament God Gave Your Kids by Art and Laraine Bennet
- No Bad Kids: Toddler Discipline without Shame by Janet Lansbury
What are you reading this year? I’m always up for recommendations!
(Disclosure: the links here are affiliate, meaning if you click through them and purchase anything on Amazon, I will get a couple cents at no charge to you!)